1. Register at http://www.newspapercontest.com/PNNA using your email address. The Association code is PNNA. You will receive a conformation email, which you will need to complete registration. Please register before attempting to login.
2. Login to http://www.newspapercontest.com/PNNA. You will see a page showing any entries you have already submitted. Some browsers, such as Safari, will open the rules in a new window; others will require you to download the PDF R458to your computer
3. Click on the “Add New Entry” link. On this page, select your newspaper name. A lot of information will auto fill. If that information is incorrect, please call the PNNA at (916) 288-6014. Your Division will be selected for you based on your publication circulation. Fill in the preparer’s name.
4. Select “Advertising” to begin submitting entries. As you create entries, this field will not change unless you select to change it. All required fields are marked with a red asterisk.
5. Select the contest class
6. If necessary, provide an explanation of your entry. The explanation/cutline box is limited to 3,000 characters. It’s a good idea to write your explanation in another program, such as Word, and copy/paste into the explanation box. If a URL is required, fill in the URL box; there is no need to type “http://.”
7. Include the name of the entry. If uploading full-page PDF les, it will be helpful if the entry name matches the headline on the page so the judges can find it easily. If the judges cannot tell what is to be judged, the entry will be discarded.
8. Include the name of the person or people who should be credited for any award. It is not necessarily the name
of the person submitting the entry nor the person picking up the award at the Summit.
9. Add your file or files. You can drag and drop files or use the “Add les” button to navigate your files. Generally, les should be in PDF format. Upload the files to complete your entry but refer to the special instructions for any limitations.
10. When you have completed your submission, click the “Save” button. If you click the “Back to list” button, you will
lose the entry you just completed. After clicking “Save,” you will be directed back to the list of your entries.
11. To submit another entry, click “Add New Entry.” As long as you have not logged out of the system, your newspaper
name will still be in place and you can simply start at Step 6 again. You may log out and log back in later to continue
adding entries. You will need to select your newspaper name each time you log in.
12. If you are done submitting entries, please review the list. You may not change an entry, but you may delete an entry and resubmit it.