|Accepts entries starting|
|Entry Deadline||May 1, 2015|
|Entry Fee if (get_custom_field('awardentryfeedetails')): ?> (See Details) endif; ?>|
|Monetary or Material Award if (get_custom_field('awardmoneydetails')): ?> (See Details) endif; ?>|
About the Award
First place: Rebecca Nakashima, Biola University
Monetary/Material Award Details
- 1st place: $600 and citation
- 2nd place: $300 and citation
- 3rd place: $150 and citation
Any full-time or part-time students who have never have been employed as reporters or editors at general circulation newspapers are eligible. Internships do not affect eligibility.
- RNA membership is not required for entry.
- RNA's president and vice presidents are not eligible to enter individual contests
Entry Fee Details
No Entry Fee.
- Combine all three stories and their related components into one document in one of these file formats: Word, PDF or text-only. If submitting a PDF, please indicate which content should be judged.
- Use the online entry form to submit your document. If your entry was successfully submitted, you'll receive an e-mail confirmation with the subject, "RELIGION | NEWSWRITERS - Thank you for entering the Chandler Contest."
- Deadline: submit your entry online by 5 p.m. EDT, May 1, 2015.
- Submit up to three religion stories published in the 2014–15 academic year (summer–spring) in campus newspapers and magazines or in general circulation newspapers during a student internship.
- Stories can be from the printed publication or its online edition. Stories may include the main text, related sidebars (one per story) and info graphics.
- No photos or audio.
- Multiple bylines are permitted, but if the entry wins, the award will be shared among all those credited in the byline.
- RNA reserves the right to limit the presentation of awards for insufficient entry numbers.