Submissions must be actually as they appeared or were aired, and must have been
published or broadcast between 1 January 2013 and 31 December 2013. Individuals may enter
more than one submission, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate form. Entries must
be postmarked no later than 10 January 2014. Entry forms may be downloaded at
www.hkja.org.hk, www.fcchk.org and www.amnesty.org.hk. Photocopies of the form are
acceptable. Late entries will not be considered.
• Print: If submitting hard copies, please provide two copies of each article. (Originals are
preferred. Photocopies must be clearly legible.) Electronic versions, sent as PDFs, JPEGs or
MS Word documents, must be easy to reprint as legible copies. Please ensure that digital files
contain the publication date and other information that may be lost if the layout is not
preserved. If the entry is a series, select no more than two representative articles and an
outline of the series' aim.
• TV and Video: DVD or VCD (MediaPlayer/QuickTime version) are preferred, but VHS tapes
playable on PAL system is acceptable. If the entry is a series, please supply one program that
best typifies the series, along with a short note explaining the purpose and content of the
other programs. No entry should be longer than two hours, except under highly exceptional
• Radio: CDs preferred, high-quality audio cassettes accepted. If an entry is part of a series,
please follow the rules for TV.
• Photos: Only e-files, color or black & white, may be submitted on a CD. They must be in
JPEG format with the resolution on the longer side at approximately 2,000 pixels. The date of
publication, identifying information and caption must be included as a Word document
(.doc) on the same disk. For picture stories, please supply no less than four and no more than
ten images. Photos must have been published either in print media or web-based news sites.
Unpublished photographs will not be accepted.
• Cartoons: Send one copy suitable for reproduction.
• Material published online: See the procedure for the print category.