The Society of American Business Editors and Writers honors the nation’s top young business journalist with this award named after one of its past presidents.
|Accepts entries starting|
|Entry Deadline||July 31, 2015|
|Entry Fee if (get_custom_field('awardentryfeedetails')): ?> (See Details) endif; ?>|
|Monetary or Material Award if (get_custom_field('awardmoneydetails')): ?> (See Details) endif; ?>|
About the Award
Mina Kimes, 28,
A team of five journalist/judges will determine the winner.
Monetary/Material Award Details
The winner will receive a $500 honorarium and an expenses-paid trip to Phoenix where the award will be presented on March 29, 2014, at the Best in Business awards ceremony at the culmination of the SABEW Spring Conference in Phoenix, Ariz.
Journalists 29 years old and younger during 2014 are eligible. A journalist who turned 30 during 2014 is eligible.
· Freelancers are eligible but must meet all criteria.
Entry Fee Details
· Entrants should send a one-page resume and one letter of recommendation (1-2 pages) from a nominating supervisor.
· Entrants must also include two professional references other than the nominating editor. Names (with title), e-mail and telephone number must be included with each reference.
· Entrants must include five (5) published work samples or video packages from the period 2009 through 2013. They should represent a mix of long- and short-form journalism. Digital samples are allowed. The work should show sophistication and acumen in the covered topic.
· Up to three (3) work samples may include a multiple or double byline credit. In the case of videos, it should include a tagline or signoff.
· Up to five (5) supporting elements may be included with an entry. Supporting elements include text sidebars, videos, photos, multimedia pieces, etc.
· Contest entries will be accepted in PDF and/or through permalinks from URLs
PLEASE EMAIL ENTRIES TO [email protected] WE WILL SEND A CONFIRMATION EMAIL.