Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications is now accepting nominations for the ninth annual Mirror Awards honoring excellence in media industry reporting. The deadline is Feb. 15, 2015. Anyone may nominate, and there is no fee to enter.
The Mirror Awards are the most important awards for honoring excellence in media industry reporting. Established by Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, the awards honor the reporters, editors and teams of writers who hold a mirror to their own industry for the public’s benefit.
Award Categories include:
- Best Single Article - Traditional/Legacy Media
- Best Single Article - Digital Media
- Best Single - Story Radio, Television, Cable or Online Broadcast Media
- Best Profile - Traditional/Legacy or Digital Media
- Best Commentary - Traditional/Legacy Media
- Best Commentary - Digital Media
- John M. Higgins Awards - Best In-Depth/Enterprise Reporting
Winners and finalists are honored at an awards luncheon, held each June in New York City.