Religion Newswriters Association's broadcast award categories are designed to recognize journalism excellence by measuring a journalist's grasp on a diversity of religion issues.
|Accepts entries starting|
|Entry Deadline||February 11, 2015|
|Entry Fee if (get_custom_field('awardentryfeedetails')): ?> (See Details) endif; ?>|
|Monetary or Material Award if (get_custom_field('awardmoneydetails')): ?> (See Details) endif; ?>|
About the Award
First place: Bob Faw, PBS Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly
• Conversations Before Dying
Monetary/Material Award Details
- 1st place: $250 and citation
- 2nd place: $150 and citation
- 3rd place: $100 and citation
Outlets that are owned or operated by a particular religion, faith community or religious group are not eligible.
- RNA membership is not required for entry.
- RNA's president and vice presidents are not eligible to enter individual contests.
Entry Fee Details
- Early-bird entry fee (by 11:59 p.m. EST, Jan. 20): $45 for members / $90 for non-members
- Regular entry fee: $75 for members / $120 for non-members
- Submit video and its related content from one religion story broadcast in 2014 on a news magazine television program.
- Show length may not exceed 60 minutes.
- Materials can be from a station's website, but the majority of the story must have been broadcast on television to be eligible.
- Stories may have multiple credits, but if the entry wins, the award will be shared among all those credited for the work.
- Transcripts are not required.
- RNA reserves the right to limit the presentation of awards for insufficient entry numbers.
1. Prepare your entry in the format your award category requires. File size cannot exceed 30 MB. If submitting PDFs or URLs, please indicate on the entry form which components should be judged.
2. Use the online entry form to submit your electronic document (if applicable) and entry fee. If your entry was successfully submitted, you'll receive an e-mail confirmation from DebraMason(at)RNA(dot)org with the subject, "RELIGION | NEWSWRITERS - Thank you for your payment."
3. Deadline: Enter online and postmark documentary copies by 5 p.m. EST on
Feb. 3 Feb. 11