Paperless Electronic Submissions Preferred
For print nominations: a pdf file with legible pages of the nomination material, or five hard copies.
For broadcast nominations: a list of working permanent links to programming is recommended.
A nominating letter by someone other than the journalist that includes a brief summary of journalistic accomplishments.
• Nominations may have up to three letters of support.**
• Resumé or CV, including any major awards received.
• Provide 5-10 examples of the person's best work:
• Newspaper/Magazine Nominee: 5-10 significant newspaper or magazine stories by the nominee. (Please include articles in the original layout, if possible. Photocopies or PDFs must be easy to read.)
• Broadcast/TV or Radio Nominee: 5-10 significant broadcast stories by the nominee. TV and radio stories should be submitted just as they aired, without reediting. Contact the Chancellor Award office for coverage of breaking news stories, if applicable. (Links to the stories or five copies on DVD for television or CD for radio.)
• Web reports may be saved as pdf's and submitted on disk or DVD, or you may provide us with a live link.
• Paperless submissions preferred (of resumé/CV and work samples) via Dropbox or Yoursendit. You can also email these materials as attachments to [email protected]
• This award is intended for a journalist whose principal audience is in the U.S. If the original reporting is in a language other than English, transcripts or subtitles in English must be provided.
**Letters of Nomination and support can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed.