if(get_custom_field('application_link')): ?> Editorial and digital intern – Backpacker magazine else: ?> Editorial and digital intern – Backpacker magazine endif; ?>if (get_custom_field('organization')): ?>
if (get_custom_field('organization_link')): ?> Backpacker Magazine else: ?> Backpacker Magazine endif; ?>endif; ?>
|Contact Information||[email protected]|
As an editorial and digital intern, you'll work alongside BACKPACKER's award-winning staff to help produce our monthly print magazine and its associated ecosystem of products (website, iPad editions, ebooks, etc). Exact duties vary based on intern interest/skills and on what we've got going on, but in general, you'll:
• work side-by-side with staff
• attend planning and editorial meetings
• write bylined stories, blogs, and trip reports
• fact-check and copy edit
• help plan future issues
• learn the art of great story pitching
• tackle interesting research projects
• possibly help with gear testing
• obtain essential web content management and SEO skills
• learn InDesign Basics
Positions are on-site in Boulder, Colorado.
At least 20 hours per week, exact schedule is flexible.
This is an unpaid internship position and you MUST be able to receive academic credit for the experience.
• Demonstrated interest in writing and journalism
• Excellent writing skills
• High attention to detail
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Demonstrated interest in backpacking and the outdoors
• Can receive academic credit for the internship
We typically hire juniors, seniors, or grad students for this position, but we will consider exceptional freshmen or sophomores. Internships are in our offices in Boulder, CO. We do Not provide assistance with housing.