if(get_custom_field('application_link')): ?> Environmental Journalism Internship For a Conservation TechNology Website else: ?> Environmental Journalism Internship For a Conservation TechNology Website endif; ?>if (get_custom_field('organization')): ?>
if (get_custom_field('organization_link')): ?> RESOLVE Biodiversity and Wildlife Solutions Program else: ?> RESOLVE Biodiversity and Wildlife Solutions Program endif; ?>endif; ?>
|Pay Rate||Interns will receive a monthly stipend of $1,000.|
|Contact Information||[email protected]|
Do you have a fascination for emerging techNology, wildlife, or tropical forests and are looking for a way to combine these interests, while gaining valuable writing and editing experience?
The Biodiversity and Wildlife Solutions program (BWS) at RESOLVE, based in Washington, DC, is looking for interns to help research, write, edit, photograph, and film news, reviews, stories, and events on the use of techNology to help bridge the gap between inNovators in the tech and wildlife fields.
BWS is one of three founding partners of wildtech.mongabay.com, a new site on the mongabay.com environmental news platform, designed to bring together designers of inNovative techNology with on-the-ground forest managers, wildlife researchers, and conservationists that can use it to conserve wildlife and wild places.
We are looking for energetic and motivated recent graduates or pending 4th-year undergraduates with:
• Background in environmental journalism, communications, environmental science, or other related discipline.
• Ability to research and critically review information.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Good organizational skills and an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Strong communication skills.
• Familiarity with posting to social media
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Capacity to work independently, with little supervision or structure and as part of a team
• Professional creativity and flexibility.
Interest in wildlife conservation, forest management, and related issues. Prior biological field work, writing experience relating to techNology or natural resource issues, and experience with AV equipment, web development (particularly WordPress), and Google Analytics are all a plus.